Last revised: May 26, 2020
CONSENT AND CONTACT
You further represent and warrant that you are the legal age of majority under applicable law to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect different types of information and data for various purposes related to providing and improving our Website and providing you with news and information about Taylor Oballa Murray Leyland LLP. Information we collect may include personal information, usage data and cookies, and location data.
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact you or identify you (the “Personal Information”). Personal Information includes your:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address including province, city and postal code
• Date of birth and other demographic information
• Billing, account and other related payment or financial institution
• Cookies and usage data
• Opinions, evaluations and comments
We may use your Personal Information to identify you in our records, or to contact you with information that may be of interest to you including legal services, announcements, and certain marketing and promotional materials. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided in any email we send or by contacting us directly.
Other Information and Data
We may collect data about how the Website is accessed and used. This usage data may include technical information such as your computer’s IP address, your browser type and version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other unique device identifiers and diagnostic data.
We use your usage data to provide our Website and to improve and customize your experience of the Website and its features.
We may use and store data about your location if you give us permission to do so. We use the location data to provide features of our Website, and to improve and customize our Website. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Website at any time, through your device settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company uses the collected Personal Information for various purposes, including:
• To give you access to the Website and its features:
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
• To provide client support and to respond to requests for information;
• To communicate with you about your inquiries, services, accounts, and other Taylor Oballa Murray Leyland LLP news and updates;
• To provide, maintain and improve our Website and the services we offer by using tracking technologies such as cookies;
• To improve the quality of service provided by the Company and Website;
• To customize your experience of the Website;
• To facilitate third parties in providing services to you in connection with any transaction or prospective transaction with the Company, including without limitation third party payment software;
• To ensure our compliance with all applicable laws;
• To detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud;
• To detect and prevent spam, verify accounts, maintain the integrity and security of our Website, and ensure compliance with our Terms and Conditions;
• To maintain appropriate records and complete administrative functions; and
• For such other purposes as may be disclosed to you before or at the time when the information is collected.
The Company will not collect Personal Information for any other purpose. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, but your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain portions or features of our Website.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED AND PROCESSED
Your Personal Information is stored and processed on servers owned by companies in Canada and the United States and may in some cases be transferred to other countries. Where your information is transferred outside of Canada, it may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in those countries.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
• We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card and other payment processing, website hosting, technical support, marketing, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, analytics services, and other services. We require the companies to refrain from using and disclosing your Personal Information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
• We may disclose your information if the disclosure is required by law, the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our clients or our partners, or where such disclosure is required or permitted by law.
• We may disclose the Personal Information to our insurers and to regulatory agencies in connection with regulatory or other activities relating to our obligations and its professional responsibilities in relation to the practice of law.
• We may disclose Personal Information in connection with a business transaction involving us, or to third parties to assist us in evaluating your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account.
• We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information. We may also share your Personal Information to anyone who we reasonably believe is your agent.
• We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
Our Website may contain links to other third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. The Company neither owns nor controls these third-party websites and assumes no responsibility for the information practices of those websites. You should inform yourself with the privacy policies (if any) of those third-party websites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nevertheless, remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and you agree to provide us with Personal Information at your own risk.Methods of communicating Personal Information to third parties may not be completely secure and may be susceptible to loss, misrouting, and error.
Personal Information collected by the Company may be stored in a secure database or file system, both physically and in electronic or other ephemeral form. All Personal Information stored electronically or in other ephemeral form is secured by confidential password(s), encryption or other means and may only be accessed by authorized persons.
The Company maintains reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information including firewalls, anti-virus and system security monitoring. We limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, contractors and agents on a need to know basis.
HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to access or correct your Personal Information. You can update your Personal Information directly within your account settings if applicable, or you may contact our Privacy Contact Person in writing to make the required changes.
You have the right to request an opportunity to view the Personal Information held by us. There are limited exceptions to the type of information you cannot access, including information collected during an investigation or information that includes the Personal Information of another person. Request for access should be forwarded to our Privacy Contact Person.
Upon receipt of a request, we will advise if we have any Personal Information in our care and control, as well as provide you with details of such personal information. Any such access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, where permitted by applicable law.
We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to Personal Information before complying with any access requests or corrections to Personal Information.
USE BY MINORS
We do not intend for our Website to be used by persons who are minors under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our Website. If you are over the age of 13 but under the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside, you should use the Website only with the permission of a parent or guardian. If webecome aware that we have collected Personal Information from minors without verification of parental consent,we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.